Providing the Commission with high-quality legal, economic, technical and/or practical insight and expertise with a view to assisting it in shaping the public procurement policy of the European Union (not being in the status of EC employee)
Public Procurement, Public Private Partnerships, Public Investment, Public Management, Legislation Drafting, Compliance Checking,Teaching and Education
Member of the EC Public Procurement Stakeholders Expert Group
July 2012 – Present, Brussels
Law Firm "Public and Private Law Consulting"
August 2006 – Present
1. Providing legal advice related to Public Procurement and PPP transactions in the areas of finance, construction, infrastructure, healthcare and others;
2. Member of working groups drafting Public Procurement and PPP legislation;
3. International expert in Public Procurement and PPP reform, capacity building and regulatory compliance projects led by organizations such as EBRD and OECD/Sigma;
4. National regulatory expert in the European Commission’s compliance monitoring projects;
5. Lecturer at the European Academy of Economics, Taxes and Law in Berlin, Germany;
6. Preparing and leading local and international seminars on different Public Procurement and PPP related topics, such as praxis of CJEU, preparing tender documentation, managing procurement contracts and framework agreements et.c.
SENIOR LEGAL CONSULTANT
Latvia's Procurement Monitoring Bureau
March 2004 – March 2006
1. Participating in working groups elaborating Public Procurement draft laws
2. Providing guidelines and methodological materials;
3. Leading seminars on application of Public Procurement Law;
4. Representing Procurement Monitoring Bureau in litigation processes before Administrative Courts.